- An attractive position in a leading global provider of integrated services to the offshore wind industry
Are you an experienced, internationally oriented financial professional? Would you like to join a strong Hamburg-team a in growing organization with locations in Germany, UK and Denmark? Do you wish to create an impact, while evolving in a dynamic and inclusive culture founded on cooperation, curiosity and high ambitions?
If so, we may have the perfect job opportunity for you!
NorSea Wind is a provider of integrated services to the offshore wind industry. The company’s service lines include operations and maintenance activities for both wind turbines and HVDC platforms, in addition to marine support. The company is owned partly by NorSea Group, a leading supplier of base service and logistics to the offshore industry, and partly by Wilhelmsen Ship Management, a global maritime industry giant. The two mother companies have headquarters in Denmark and Norway respectively.
Today, NorSea Wind has 70 employees, of whom the majority are based in Hamburg. Norsea Wind is in rapid development and is now seeking an experienced CFO. Based in central Hamburg and reporting to the CEO of NorSea Wind, you will have the overall responsibility for the financial reporting and accounting for NorSea Wind and its subsidiaries. You will have close interrelation with Operations in the Wind companies, with the Shared Service Centre in Malaysia and with Finance Managers of NorSea Group and Wilhelmsen Ship Management.
Your key responsibilities
In this position, you will be managing the finance and accounting department and its 5 employees. You will oversee all fiscal activity including accounting activities, budgeting and forecasting portfolio and project performance. You will work to plan and forecast the overall financial vision for the company to ensure productive financial operations.
It will be your responsibility to ensure that periodic financial reports are properly prepared and distributed in a timely, accurate and consistent manner to the relevant parties including the board of directors.
Furthermore, your key tasks and responsibilities will be as below:
- Review general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations before month end and enter the packages in BOFC/SAP reporting system
- Prepare Budget and Rolling Forecast in cooperation with your CEO
- Monthly Budget Follow Up Review and comments
- Review and analyze the financial operations of the companies from time to time and suggest corrective action to relevant personnel when required
- Review accounting systems and procedures, implement corrective procedures for non-conformance and initiate proposal for system improvement
- Ensuring proper filling of the required returns (financial statements, statutory reports etc.) in Germany, UK and Denmark
- Ensuring that proper VAT reporting to Authorities are done in Germany, UK and Denmark
- Ensuring tax compliance and reporting in Germany, UK and Denmark
- Communication with and follow up of external parties involved in the accounting and reporting
- Perform FX deals
- Provide finance service/support to other in-house companies
- Project controlling, reporting and analysis
- Evaluation of new projects/contracts
- Assisting the management in any designated or non-routine tasks, for example tender processes
- Authorizations of payment
Mandatory for this position is a higher education within Business Administration/Finance/Economics and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience. You are expected to have strong team management and finance leadership skills that can be evidenced through experience. In particular, you have previously led and managed a team to deliver excellent results. You have excellent communication and co-operative skills having the ability to work in a team as well as on your own initiative. And you are able to liaise effectively with non-finance stakeholders to build relationships and drive a sense of ownership from budget holders. In addition, you should be able to lead on the year-end cycle, including working closely with auditors. And finally, you have good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
You have strong command of written and spoken German and English language and, preferably, understanding of Scandinavian working culture.
Furthermore, being the ideal candidate, you have the following additional skills:
- Systematic and accurate nature
- Good IT/computer knowledge and skills, especially office and MS Excel.
- Work experience as financial auditor is preferable
- Experience with project management and project analysis
- Experience with accounting in Germany, UK and Denmark is preferable
- Experience with Visma Business ERP system is preferable
NorSea Wind offers
NorSea Wind has high ambitions and significant growth plans and you will play a key role in reaching the goals. The work environment in NorSea Wind is informal, and you are offered good working conditions incorporating flexibility and freedom with responsibility.
NorSea Wind offers a competitive salary package that matches your qualifications, with employee health insurance, a pension plan and paid vacation and holidays. If relevant, you will be offered a relocation package.
You will be part of a fulfilling small work group environment where you, being a self-motivated individual, have the freedom and opportunity to make significant contributions to the company’s success.
You can expect some traveling activity to the company’s locations in Denmark and UK as well as NorSea’s and Wilhelmsen’s group headquarters in Denmark and Norway.
Please apply soonest possible (in English) by clicking the “Ansøg” button and thereby uploading your CV and application. For any additional information, please contact Founder/CEO Mette Landau from Landau Headhunting by phone: +45 2190 2188.Landau Headhunting will carry out the recruitment process. Therefore, all inquiries should be directed to Landau Headhunting. We will call in relevant candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, and we reserve the right to call in candidates prior to the application deadline.We are looking forward to hearing from you!
See more at NorSea Wind’s website: https://norseagroup.com/companies/norsea-wind