Imagine a future - where Internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
If so, this is your opportunity to take your career to the next level as Application Software Engineer at Cobham SATCOM.
About Cobham SATCOM
Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of their technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust Cobham SATCOM to help them bring Internet connectivity to remote communities, as they have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, the vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of all Cobham SATCOM's 553 employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something to offer.
As an Application Software Engineer, you will be part of a team consisting of 20 colleagues and reporting into Cobham SATCOM's Global Software Team for Systems, based in Kgs. Lyngby. This position can be based at Cobham SATCOM's headquarters in Kgs. Lyngby or at the office in Aalborg in northern Jutland.
As an Application SW Engineer, your key responsibilities will be:
- Design, re-design and development of new software applications and associated algorithms for use in satellite communication networks based on user requirements.
- Analyzing user requirements and design algorithms and applications to meet such requirements.
- System design and detailed design of software applications/algorithms including interactions between such software components.
- Extension and re-design of existing procedures/implementations, code restructuring to fit added requirements and to ease maintenance.
- Coding, integration, test and switch into operation of SW - debugging of the algorithms in an on-air operational environment.
- Test automation, designing and scripting automated tests.
- For experienced candidates and Team Lead aspirants, overseeing a team of both internal and external staff implementing applications and algorithms.
- Maintenance, debugging, and bug-fixing of developed SW.
- Tools: Git, Jenkins, GCC, C/C++, Make, General Open Source, Jira, Wireshark and Enterprise Architect.
As an Application SW Engineer, your qualifications should ideally be:
- An educational background within Software, Bachelor's or Master's level, but other educational backgrounds combined with SW experience will also be considered.
- Experience with complex SW environments, system development of large distributed systems and algorithms. It is important that you want and can work with complex SW algorithms - for example, concerning system load handling. You must be able to maintain an overview of such systems and you must have the skillset to systematically debug them.
- You must be well familiarized with the C++ 14/17 programming language.
- You must have a well-grown sense of quality in all working relations – our solution needs to be working well once released into an operational environment.
- You have knowledge of communication protocols used in the telecommunication sector.
- Experienced in a Linux development environment.
You will be working with next-generation satellite communication systems and as the right candidate you will get the possibility to highly influence the architecture and design of the new systems.
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers who are experts in their field, where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in a performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues, who value teamwork and integrity.
Please apply soonest possible by clicking the “Apply” button and thereby uploading your CV and application. For any additional information, please contact Hans Vexø from Landau Headhunting by phone: +45 5357 1200.
Landau Headhunting will carry out the recruitment process. Therefore, all inquiries should be directed to Landau Headhunting. We will call in relevant candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, and we reserve the right to call in candidates prior to the application deadline. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For more information about Cobham SATCOM, please have a look at: www.cobhamsatcom.comPlease be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.