Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM is a world leading manufacturer of satellite communication equipment, and this industry is growing very fast worldwide. Cobham SATCOM has its Headquarter with about 300 employees situated in Lyngby, Denmark.
About Cobham SATCOM
Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of their technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust Cobham SATCOM to help them bring internet connectivity to remote communities, as they have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, the vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of all Cobham SATCOM's 553 employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something to offer.
Our satellite and radio communication terminals perform in the most challenging and remote environments on land and at sea. We design and manufacture these high-performance products under the, EXPLORER, SAILOR and Sea Tel brands providing customers with outstanding performance, value and support through our global sales and service network.
The position as Component Engineer is in Lyngby, Copenhagen, Denmark. The purpose of this key role is to source, select, and qualify components and materials used in the company’s technology as well as conduct life cycle management for all components we actively use. This role shall employ the appropriate discipline processes, practices, and tools to ensure that responsibilities are completed to meet the required project requirements and discipline quality.
As a Component Engineer, your qualifications should ideally be:
- 5-10+ years of component experience
- Technical understanding of the electronic components
- Manage a broad range of stakeholders in the company from R&D to sourcing
As a Component Engineer, your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide support to all designers to perform component research and participate in component life cycle and evaluate all components for various processes.
- Monitor, identify and resolve all lifecycle issues and assist various teams to identify appropriate resources and substitutes for components.
- Analyze and develop solutions to resolve all issues associate with obsolete components and supplies and perform component level tests and perform various experiments on components.
- Ensure compliance to all lead-free solder process and ensure compliance to all component designs and coordinate with team members to reduce timeframe for all products.
- Administer ECR databases and maintain log of all requests and assist to resolve and prepare reports for all component results and maintain progress for same on monthly basis.
- Document and provide support to all component activities and perform tests on product releases to ensure qualification of all products.
- Coordinate with engineering staff to evaluate and resolve manufacturing issues for various products and document all procedures according to company standards.
You will be working with next-generation satellite communication systems and as the right candidate you will get the possibility to highly influence the architecture and design of the new systems.
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers who are experts in their field, where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in a performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues, who value teamwork and integrity.
Please apply soonest possible by clicking the “Apply” button and thereby uploading your CV and application. For any additional information, please contact Hans Vexø from Landau Headhunting by phone: +45 5357 1200.
Landau Headhunting will carry out the recruitment process. Therefore, all inquiries should be directed to Landau Headhunting. We will call in relevant candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, and we reserve the right to call in candidates prior to the application deadline.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For more information about Cobham SATCOM, please have a look at: www.cobhamsatcom.com
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.