Imagine a future - where Internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM A/S is currently looking for a Software System Designer.
About Cobham SATCOM
A global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring Internet connectivity to remote communities, as they have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, their vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of our 500+ employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something special inside.
Cobham SATCOM are looking for a software expert who excels in making high-level design choices and dictates technical standards, that can work across platforms and that can actively be a part of teams that defines our Software System Design. As the software platform for both our development and our deployment environment is RedHat Linux the software design is about server software, both clean application development and SQL database systems. Some of the server platforms uses real-time Linux variants – some of the software functions are time critical.
You will be part of a core team on Cobham SATCOMs Telecom Infrastructure products consisting of system designers and SW architects and you will have a close collaboration with the Global Software community consisting of almost 100 SW engineers. As the work revolves around satellite systems ground infrastructure development, this provides you with an opportunity to engage with various 4G/5G technologies, network topologies, virtualization, and a lot more. The equipment needs to interface and comply with several 3rd party products which together with the requirements of end-users and regulatory constraints set their challenging objectives. Cobham SATCOM develops SW with a flavour of Scrum, which they continuously work on improving. You will report into the Program Director, Systems. This role is based onsite in Kgs. Lyngby but could also be located onsite in their new office at the NOVI Science Park in Aalborg.
As a Software System Designer, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Generate the high level system design/breakdown for Server applications and identify/specify interfaces across subsystem/processes/entities
- Ensure design consistency across products and reuse of components across the portfolios.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations&descriptions for functions, algorithms, user interface etc.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibly.
- Define SW QA standards early in the project by setting requirements for system testing and verification procedures
- Work with the Development Team to adjust and correct system design during implementation and to ensure compliance from design to implementation
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to Developers and Engineers.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Work with System Test team to set the SW release standards.
As a Software System Designer, your qualifications should ideally be:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Network Technology or equivalent.
- Previous telecommunications experience a definite advantage.
- Well experienced in developing and deploying software in a Linux server environment.
- Knowledge of System design around database technologies e.g. PostGreSQL
- Experience with SW application development and deployment in a virtualized environment e.g. AWS, Azure
- Experience with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and other tools operating in the virtualized environment
- Engineering processes, practices and measures of performance for the SW design discipline.
- Multi-threaded and real-time software design.
- Excellent knowledge of modelling methods (e.g., UML, ASN.1, SDL).
- Software development tools (e.g., Enterprise Architect).
- Requirement management.
- Programming in C++ (C and Python is an advantage).
- Source code configuration management.
- Software Design/ patterns.
- Data structure and algorithms.
- Telecommunication standards (TU, EEE, 3GPP).
- Software architectures and design frameworks.
- Deliverables contributing to overall product quality (e.g., performance, failure rate, yield, DFx).
Satellite antenna and terminal development provides the opportunity to engage with various technologies and concepts including network stacks, communication protocols, proprietary hardware interfaces and mechanical solutions, Linux applications and open-source packages, cyber security, real time operations and mathematical algorithms etc. Cobham SATCOM's equipment needs to interface and comply with several 3rd party products which together with the requirements of the end-users and regulatory constraints set some challenging objectives.
The work is done in cross-functional software teams with a flavour of scrum, which is continuously being improved. Cobham SATCOM benefits from a modern development pipeline of source control and configuration, automatic build and test systems, code review and project tracking based on Git, Bitbucket, Docker, Jenkins and Jira.
You will be working with next-generation satellite communication systems and as the right candidate you will get the possibility to highly influence the architecture and design of the new systems.
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers who are experts in their field, where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in a performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues, who value teamwork and integrity.
Please apply soonest possible (in English) by clicking the “Apply” button and thereby uploading your CV and application. For any additional information, please contact Hans Vexø from Landau Headhunting by phone: +45 5357 1200 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landau Headhunting will carry out the recruitment process. Therefore, all inquiries should be directed to Landau Headhunting. We will call in relevant candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, and we reserve the right to call in candidates prior to the application deadline.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For more information about Cobham SATCOM, please have a look at: www.cobhamsatcom.com
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham Aerospace Communications.
Cobham Aerospace Communications is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.