- An attractive position in a company with diverse investment interests, from next generation disruptors to real estate and urban regeneration!Are you an experienced, internationally oriented investment professional, passionate to create growth? Do you have proven leadership skills, an entrepreneurial DNA and a strong commercial mindset? Would you like to manage a small, ambitious team in a growing organization with offices in Dubai and London and with interests in UAE, UK, US and Asia Pacific? Do you wish to create an impact, while evolving in a dynamic and inclusive culture founded on cooperation, curiosity and high ambitions? And would you like to live in one of the most diverse and international cities in the world - with numerous sandy beaches and perfect climate all the year round?If so, we may have the perfect job for you!
Our client is a privately owned and privately funded investment firm with interests across UAE, UK, US, and Asia Pacific. The company was founded in 1999 focusing initially on oil and gas advisory and then real estate development and investments in the UK. Over time, it has grown into a multi-regional investment firm with a portfolio spanning real estate (developments and properties), capital markets, and private equity / venture capital investments. The company capitalizes on a successful track record to drive value creation through patient capital and market expertise.
The company started with a series of mid-sized showpiece turnkey developments in the UK (including some landmark projects in sustainability), subsequently expanding its operations and investments into Africa and the Middle East, with development and management of mixed-use projects in Mozambique, and acquisition of a diversified range of residential and commercial properties in the UAE. Over the last 5-6 years, the focus has shifted towards ‘disruptive’ IT and ITeS businesses.
Today, the company is based in Dubai with presence in the UK as well. It operates with a light and agile team of about 5-6 employees. In addition, they have a large advisory board which comprises specialists from several industries and markets where they invest. The proprietor and present CEO of the company is planning to withdraw from his management responsibilities in order to concentrate on his other businesses. Therefore, Landau Headhunting is now assisting him in finding a successor, preferably with a Northern European managerial mindset, to take the helm of the company and bring it to the next level.
The position will be located in the Head Office in Dubai, and as a candidate for the job, you are expected to be ready for a long-term employment in the company. Initially, you will be working alongside with the existing CEO, but after an agreed period of time you will take over the full P&L responsibility of the company. You will be working across the full investment process, from concept to implementation and strategic business development in identifying M&A and JV deal opportunities, as well as turnkey initiatives. Your responsibilities are divided into 3 mandates:1. Investments:
The most important mandate is to oversee the firm’s investment portfolio – and this is where the lion’s share of your bandwidth and mental horsepower should be spent, since about 85% of the firm’s revenue comes from this area. The investment portfolio can be categorized in 3 buckets:
2. Day to day:
- Real estate: Managing the inhouse real estate portfolio for passive yield.
- Capital markets: Almost 50% of the firm’s revenue comes from financial investments that the company has made and put in place over the years. This is managed inhouse in association with external managers.
- Direct Investments: This bucket constitutes the company’s investments in Tech and Energy portfolio with a good mix of start-ups as well as mature companies – in the field of artificial intelligence, block-chain, solar energy, energy storage, F&B coupons, etc. An important mandate for you will be to grow this Direct Investment arm of the company. This means you will be looking for new investment opportunities as well as advising and driving existing portfolio companies - so as to take their business to the next level.
This involves managing the existing team, looking after the operations aspects and general administration.3. Finance:
This involves CFO like functions. Responsibilities in this domain include budgeting, accounting and auditing.
There are team members representing both Finance and Day-to-day functions, who will support you in the above.
Your professional profile
We are looking for a proven leader with an Entrepreneurial DNA, ideally someone who has led/advised a greenfield from idea to execution. You have the ability to zoom in, when times call for getting hands dirty with operations and execution and zoom out and think strategically, when times call for brainstorming a long-term vision.
You are commercially astute, you have built and evaluated business cases and understand what portfolio companies need to do to be profitable, be successful, and serve their customers well; with it, you know market dynamics and competitive landscape – and what to do to solve business challenges.
Management and operational experience of working across all aspects of a small to medium size company’s value chain is very valuable, as this qualifies you to provide sound and practical advice and direction to the portfolio companies (present and future). You are able to conduct initial rapid diagnostic into the company's immediate and future (cash) needs, product profitability, cost base, major operational issues, market position and options for restructuring.
And most importantly you have solid investment experience
with a deep understanding of the private equity and some experience in capital markets space. You are adept at vetting organizations and teams, evaluating investment strategies and measuring results. You are a financial modeling guru (live and breathe NPV, IRR, NAV, balance sheet etc.) and possess a mindset that is highly analytical and quantitative in nature.
Apart from the above traits, we are interested in the following professional skills:
- Experience in research and analysis and ability to synthesize large volumes of information to form conclusions and recommendations
- Technology savviness
- Strong academic credentials in quantitative and/or analytical discipline (business, commerce or economic degree)
- 10+ years of experience in investments, financial modeling, analysis of financial statements etc.
- High degree of commercial exposure/experience including operational and management
- Capability for strategy, planning and most importantly execution
- Fluent English in writing and speaking. Other languages will be an advantage.
Your personal characteristics
We are looking for a visionary finance and investment professional with very high ambitions, eagerness to learn and a fierce capacity to identify business opportunities and to develop the business. Furthermore, you have a strong wish to make a mark and to take the command of a company.
Being the right candidate for this position, you are the type of person, who continuously keeps yourself updated when it comes to investment opportunities and market trends. You are at ease working at strategic, tactical and operational levels in a highly development-oriented company. We are searching for a CEO with a dynamic and powerful personality. A team player and a strong communicator with a natural talent for understanding the business structures and processes of a company.
Moreover, you enjoy meeting new people and creating new relationships. You have a good sense of humor and an innovative, energetic and motivating attitude. You are structured and trustworthy, and you are independent, result-oriented and self-motivating with the ability to stay focused even during hectic periods. Crucial to this central position is also that you are a resilient person with strong decision-making skills and great impact.
The company offers
This is an exciting job in an international company that guarantees you excellent development opportunities both professionally and personally. You will be living in one of the most diverse and international cities in the world - with numerous sandy beaches washed by the azure waters of the Persian Gulf, with the sun shining and greenery blooming all the year round. The company has high ambitions and significant growth plans and you will play a key role in reaching the goals. The work environment is informal, and you are offered good working conditions incorporating flexibility and freedom with responsibility. The company offers a very competitive salary package, transport, visa and relocation package.
Please apply soonest possible (in English) by clicking the “Ansøg” button and thereby uploading your CV and application.Landau Headhunting will carry out the recruitment process. Therefore, all inquiries should be directed to Landau Headhunting. We will call in relevant candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, and we reserve the right to call in candidates prior to the application deadline. We are looking forward to hearing from you!